2021 marching band percussion updates
Check the BCHSIMP Calendar for upcoming rehearsal and/or event dates.
A few things to note:
1) Check-In/Health Screening will be like it was for marching band, only students will now report to the "backyard" as we call it (the west side of the building by the band room/auditorium area). This will begin at 3:00 PM.
2) Pick-Up will be at the south parking lot.
3) We will rehearse outdoors, weather permitting. Precipitation, excessive wind, and/or temperatures below 45 degrees will force us indoors (band room, stage, etc.). That being said, plan to have cold weather clothing/accessories at hand for ALL rehearsals!
4) If you anticipate a late arrival, early release, or an absence for any rehearsal, a parent must email or text Colin Constance at firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 979-5618 to be excused. Thank you to those who have already contacted me about conflicts for the first rehearsal!
5) Lastly, students that still have a drumline instrument at home need to bring that to the next rehearsal, please.
upcoming percussion events
Please Check Back for Future Events
get text message reminders
To get text message reminders, send a text message with @bchsper to 81010.
Please be sure to respond with First and Last name and parent designation.
Indoor winter percussions
Indoor winter percussion marries the elements of music performance, marching, and theatre and is performed indoor in a basketball gymnasium setting. The BCHS Winter Percussion groups have been 11 time state champions, WGI National Finalists and have been selected to perform at the Music For All National Percussion Festival as one of the top 12 ensembles in the US. The Winter Percussion Ensemble is an audition group selected from our top instrumentalists in the program. Season begins in January and the ensemble competes through April. This group needs parent volunteers to drive students and instruments to and from all competitions.
Congratulations to the BCHS Winter Percussion Ensemble on their selection to the WGI Winter Percussion Semi-Finals Championships!
Bear Creek High School's 2021 WGI competitive program based on the piece "Holy War" by Boom Kitty (arranged for percussion ensemble by Colin Constance).